Athletic Handbooks will be going home with students to end the school year. Please fill the back page of these out and have them ready to turn in with the updated physicals and athletic fees to start the 2022-2023 school year.
Athletic Fees will be updated for Students who indicated that they will be playing fall sports in infinite campus at the beginning of June. This will allow these fees to be paid far before the practices start if people want to take care of them early.
Many venues that we visit require masks at all times in the venue. Please be aware of having a mask with you at least in your pocket, so you don't get to the venue and get turned away because you are not prepared.
9 Athletics Notes:
1. All Fall Schedules can be found on MaxPresps for High school sports or the team tab for middle school sports. https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/byers-bulldogs-(byers,co)/home.htm These will become Available in both areas in July.
2. CHSAA has moved away from using Planet High School for Paperwork. The new Platform (rSchools) will not let parents upload paperwork. Therefore it must all be turned in by hand. There are only two items we need. 1. Updated physical (signed and dated by doctor) 2. Back Page of Athletic Handbook (both sides completely filled out and signed)
3. Athletics Fees: The Athletics Fee for a sport must be paid BEFORE the student can play in the first contest. This can be taken care of online on infinite campus or at the front office. This is a change from the past. BE AWARE and PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
4. Free and reduced lunch forms must be filled out and turned in at least a week before the first contest in order to qualify for free and reduced athletics fees. These forms have been (or will be) handed out by fall coaches, or they can be picked up in the district office or high school office.
5. Family Passes: $100. Passes will be printed and will allow 4 family members in. Passes must be presented at the gate. All people entering with the pass must come in at the same time. Passes may not be accepted at all games.
6. Chain of Command: (In order)
1. You talk to the coach (Athlete)
2. Parent talks to the Coach
3. Parent talks to AD
4. Parent talks to Principal
5. Parent talks to Superintendent
6. Parent talks to School Board
7. Unruly Spectators: If a spectator demonstrates un-sportsmanship behaviors at any of our contests, including berating officials, coaches, players and other fans they will be told to leave.
8. Coaching Contacts: All coaches can be contacted via e-mail:
Casey Pelton (Head HS Football): firstname.lastname@example.org
Phoenix Bright (Head HS Volleyball): email@example.com
Kelci Crispe (Head HS Cross Country): firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Jackson (Head Cheer): Jackson.email@example.com
Jeremy Kerns (Athletic Director, Head HS/JH Boys Basketball): firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Cary (Head HS/JH girls Basketball): email@example.com
Jon Yapoujian (HS Wrestling): firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Amundson (Head HS Track): Amundson.email@example.com
DJ Jackson (Head HS Baseball): Jackson.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kameron Weber (Head JH Track): email@example.com
Candra Kerns (Head JH Volleyball): firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Byrns (Head JH Wrestling, Head JH Football): email@example.com
9. Watching games live online at NFHS: All Byers Athletics home contests hosted in the Big Gym, on the Football Field and on the Baseball Field will be broadcast live on the NFHS Network, many road games will also be broadcast live. The games will be archived so fans can watch them later. Fans will need a subscription. In order to get a subscription or watch a game live if you already have a subscription please Click copy and paste the link below in a web browser.
NFHS Network Broadcast
All Byers Athletics home contests hosted in the Big Gym, on the Football Field and on the Baseball Field will be Broadcast live on the NFHS Network. The games will also be archived so fans can watch them later. Fans will need a subscription. In order to get a subscription or watch a game live if you already have a subscription please Click the link below:
Athletics Director: Jeremy Kerns
Jeremy Kerns is going into his 9th year as the director of athletics and activities at Byers High School. Mr. Kerns will be in his 19th year at Byers High School as a social studies teacher and the head coach of two sports programs, including varsity boys basketball, jh boys basketball. Mr. Kerns is also an assistant coach of two other sports in JH Football and JH Track. Before coming to Byers Mr. Kerns was an assistant basketball coach for the women's team at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley.
Mr. Kerns was honored with being awarded the 2A Athletic Director of the Year in 2020-21 from the Colorado Athletic Directors Association (CADA).
Mr. Kerns has served on two CHSAA committees over the past 8 years. He has been the Union Pacific League Legislative Council Representative and he has also served on the CHSAA Hall of Fame Committee.
The Byers Athletic Department is a proud participant in the CHSAA initiative of Academic based Athletics.
In order to reach Mr. Kerns you can e-mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-822-5292 ext. 1188
Follow us on twitter