PreCalculus with Limits
Mr. Corey Green
Phone: 303-822-5292; ext 1192
Students will apply concepts learned from Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2 to more complex concepts of math, particularly in solving equations
Students will need a multiple paper for assignments, pencils, and a TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator.
Textbook: PreCalculus with Limits: A Graphing Approach.
Pre-Calculus is a class that will prepare you for college, so it will be treated as such. Students are to be in class on time with materials needed for the day. Students are expected to take notes during lecture. Following lecture, practice problems will be assigned. There will be no homework that will be graded just participation will be graded and will be worth 5%. All grades will be based off of quizzes and tests. When absent, you have 3 days to complete your work or take the quiz/test. I expect full participation in this class. This includes asking questions and coming in on your own time for extra understanding of the homework at the time.
Quizzes and Tests:
Quizzes will be given on Thursdays. Quizzes are worth 15 % and Chapter Tests are worth 20% of your grade. Midterm and Final are worth 30 % of your grade. Midterm will be given at the end of 1st quarter and Final is at the end of the year.
- No cell phones during lecture. Parents please do not text or call you child while they are trying to learn. If it is an emergency, please call the office. You have to call the office to get them out anyways. Thank you
- Only water in the room.
1. Functions and Their Graphs Equations and Inequalities
2. Polynomial and Rational Functions
3. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
4. Trigonometric Functions
5. Analytic Trigonometry
6. Applications of Trigonometric Functions
7. Linear systems and Matrices
8. Sequences; Induction; and Probability
9. Analytic Geometry
10. Polar Coordinates; Vectors
11. Limits and an Introduction to Calculus
The standard grading scale will be used
90% - 100% ----------A
80% - 89% ----------- B
70% - 79% ----------- C
60% - 69% ----------- D
59% and below ----- F
Cheating will not be tolerated. If caught cheating, there will be a zero for that particular assignment or test. There will be a chance to make the assignment up for 50% of the points and a chance to make up a different test the following day after school.
I ________________________________ have read and understood the Pre-Calc. syllabus.
(student name—please print)
(Student signature and date) (Parent/guardian signature and date)