Students will apply concepts learned from Algebra 1 and Geometry to more complex concepts of math, particularly in solving equations
Students will need a multiple subject notebook for notes and assignments, pencils, red pens, jumbo book covers, 1 inch three ring binder with subject dividers (It’s a must have), and a graphing calculator (if possible).
Text book: Do not lose lose them, mark on them with a pen or pencil, or if they have any damage to them; you will pay for a brand new Algebra 2 book full price. They are over $50 a book. Handle with care. Don’t throw them or do anything to destroy them.
Students are to be in class on time with materials needed for the day. Students are only allowed three tardies. Anything after the third is a detention. Students are expected to take notes during lecture. Following lecture, homework will be assigned. When absent, you have 3 days to complete your work. I expect full participation in this class. This includes asking questions and coming in on your own time for extra understanding of the homework at the time.
Quizzes and Tests:
Once a week, there will be a homework quiz on Tuesdays. Each quiz will have problems from the homework and separate problems similar to the one on your homework. These quizzes will occur every Tuesday. Homework passes will be given if you get a 90% or higher.
Tests will be given after each chapter. If you pass a quiz with a 100%, you will receive 1 homework pass per quiz. These passes can be applied to future homework on the quiz.
1. No cell phones, if caught with a phone, it will go to the office.
2. No food, gum, or drinks in the room. It will be thrown away if brought into room.
3. Respect your peers and authority. Automatic 1 hour detention and a call home to parents.
1. Solve equations that have exponents greater than two.
2. Graph and solve Linear Functions and Linear Systems.
3. Solving Quadratic Funcitons.
4. Solving Polynomial Functions.
5. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
6. Rational and Radical Functions
7. Find all components of a conic section using paper and pencil.
8. Probability and Statistics
The standard grading scale will be used
90% - 100% ----------A
80% - 89% ----------- B
70% - 79% ----------- C
60% - 69% ----------- D
59% and below ----- F
Cheating will not be tolerated. If caught cheating, there will be a zero for that particular assignment or test. There will be a chance to make the assignment up for 50% of the points and a chance to make up a different test the following day after school.